SmartCharge LED Bulb Review & Giveaway
The SmartCharge LED Bulb is a cleaver invention from a team that live in India where they experience a lot of power outages. It is simple to use, as simple as screwing in a light bulb. What makes it unique is that it’s a light bulb with a battery. The backup battery and smart components keep the light on in the event of a power outage. The backup battery holds 4 hours of light and takes 6 hours to charge. Another great feature is the LED charging light uses only 5.5 watts. When compared to Florescent which uses 13-15 watts or the typical Incandescent which uses 60+ watts the Smartcharge smart bulb is a money saver! I am also a fan of the brightness and clarity of the light. The best feature is knowing that you will not find yourself in the dark unexpectedly.
When I started researching the SmartCharge LED Bulb I was intrigued that it could tell the difference between a power outage verses just turning off the switch. I was excited to see it for myself. Here is what I discovered after trying 5 different light sockets:
1. In a ceiling socket that connected to a light switch which controlled two separate light fixtures (the SmartCharge LED Bulb turned on OK but would use the backup battery when I flipped the switch to turn it off, the backup battery should only come on when the power to the house is cutoff).
2. In a night stand lamp that had a three light setting capability (the SmartCharge LED Bulb would not turn on).
3. In a ceiling socket that had two sockets in one light fixture but was the only fixture connect to the light switch (the SmartCharge LED Bulb turned on OK but used the backup battery when turned off so there was always a light on until the battery died).
4. In a tall touch lamp (the Smartcharge smart bulb turned on OK and off OK but then would randomly turn the backup battery light on without being prompted).
5. Finally I was able to find a single socket that was the only fixture connect to the light switch. (the Smartcharge smart bulb worked perfectly! It turned on OK , off OK, and when the power was turned off the backup battery worked great).
Finding the right light socket that the Smartcharge smart bulb would work in was a little troublesome but if you do have the right socket then this is a great prep for power outages! Power outages can occur from natural disasters like a tornado, hurricane, earthquake, etc. It can also occur in cities when the electricity demand exceeds the city’s power supply capability. Then there are accidents involving power-lines and regular upgrades and maintenance. There are many reason why the power could go out so having an emergency light can come in handy.
Smartcharge Smart Bulb Features:
- Works with a Standard Light Fixture
- 4 hours of Light During a Power Outage
- Built in Rechargeable Battery / Charges during normal use
- Turns On/Off from the Switch During Power Outages
- Energy Efficient, ROHS Compliant
- Instant On
– Brightness – Minimum 350 lumen -Annual Energy cost – .80¢ USD
-Color Temperature – 5000K -Wattage – 5.5 Watt
-Bulb Voltage – 110-240V -40 Watts equivalent
-UL, CE, FCC, & ROHS certified
Note: This product was sent to me in exchange for a review.
a Rafflecopter giveaway